A psychological assessment may be suggested to better understand a child’s functioning, emotional wellbeing, cognitive abilities, learning style, diagnostic clarity, and for a variety of other reasons. A psychological assessment can aide in determine specific services or interventions the child may benefit from.

The following types of evaluations are commonly performed: Psychoeducational assessment (IQ/Achievement testing), evaluate for Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), cognitive strengths and weaknesses, evaluate for possible learning disabilities/disorders, emotional well being which may be impacting school performance or relationships with others, possible accommodations with standardized testing such as ACT or SAT, and developmental delays.


The assessment begins with an intake appointment where I will gather information pertaining to the child’s development, historical information, and current functioning. During the intake appointment we will further discuss how I can help you and your child. If we decide that I can provide you with the appropriate services you are seeking, an appointment to begin the testing will be scheduled. The second appointment is typically scheduled for 4 to 8 hours. If appropriate or requested, we can also schedule a time that I can observe your child in a school setting to gather additional information pertaining to the child’s functioning. After the testing, I complete a thorough report, outlining the results and recommendations. A third appointment is scheduled where I will discuss the results and provide you with a copy of the report.

Who is performing the assessment?

I will be performing the assessment, scoring each assessment, and completing the report. I have extensive training and experience completing psychological assessments and services rendered are consistent with the American Psychological Association ethical guidelines.

What next?

After the feedback appointment, I will provide you with a copy of the report. If appropriate, the report may be used to obtain services, accommodations, or with your consent, I can send the report to another provider. I can also make referrals to mental health professionals who provide therapy or other mental health services to children.

Contact Me Share your messages